Inland Coastal Aquatics Club has provided the following information regarding this weekend’s JOMAX North Meet at Palomar College in San Marcos:
** Daylight Savings time begins Sunday morning. Remember to Spring Forward!
- Canopies and chairs will NOT be allowed on the deck opposite the starting end. That area will be strictly a walking and observing area.
- The starting area will be blocked off for swimmers and coaches only.
- Canopies will be allowed in the parking lot (Lot 4) next to the pool. No parking will be allowed in this parking lot. The parking lot will be coned off for no parking. Thank you for helping keep our swimmers safe!
- The parking lots (3,3B & 5) on the east side of Comet Circle will be FREE (do not have to pay) to park in for this meet, due to the large number of participants.
- Friday night: start 5:00 pm, finish 5:45 pm.
- Saturday: start 9:00 am, finish 4:30 pm plus relays
- Sunday: start 9:00 am, finish 3:00 pm plus relays.
Warmup Assignments (both days): 0520-0550: ICAC; 0550-0650: NCA, 0650-0750: RSD; 0750-0820: PS, ACE, CALI, PQAC, RAQ; 0820-0850: PAC, FSST, OSC, FAST, MEYR, RST, BFST, all others.
Lane Timing Assignments:
|1||ICAC / ICAC||ICAC / ICAC
|2||RSD / RSD||RSD / RSD
|3||RSD / RSD||RSD / RSD
|4||RSD / PAC||RSD / PAC
|5||PS / PS||PS / PS
|6||NCA / FSST||NCA / FSST
|7||NCA / NCA||NCA / NCA
|8||NCA / NCA||NCA / NCA
|9||NCA / NCA||NCA / NCA
Heartland Swim Association has provided the following information regarding this weekend’s JOMAX South Meet at Granite Hills HS pool in El Cajon: No meet program will be sold at the pool; you can download the PDF meet program here.
- Friday night: start 5:00 pm, finish 6:00 pm.
- Saturday: start 9:00 am, finish 12:40 pm.
- Sunday: start 9:00 am, finish 12:20 pm.
Warmup Assignments: 0800-0845: All teams; open lane assignments
Lane Timing Assignments:
|1||QFS / COPY||HSA / HSA
|2||MVY / MVY||MVY / MVY
|3||MRA / MRA||MRA / MRA
|4||SBA / SBA||SBA / SBA
|5||SBA / SBA||SBA / SBA
|6||CAST / CAST||CAST / CAST
|7||CAST / TSC||CAST / TSC
|8||WSST / SDAC||WSST / SDAC
San Diego-Imperial Swimming will hold a meeting to review its By-Laws, Policy and Procedures, and Rules on Saturday, March 1st, beginning at 9:00 am. The purpose of this meeting is to review all of our LSC’s existing guiding documents, and if necessary, to draft changes to those documents so they may be voted upon at an upcoming House of Delegates meeting.
The meeting will be held in Room 201 at Fallbrook HS (come to the pool and signs will direct you to classroom 201). This meeting is open all registered (and interested) members of San Diego-Imperial Swimming, and all member clubs are encouraged to send a representative to the meeting. Refreshments will be provided. For those who wish to read our existing guiding documents in advance:
The final results of the San Diego-Imperial Swimming-hosted Short Course Junior Olympics held 21-23 February at the Poway Community Swim Center have been posted. In a decisive team victory, Rancho San Dieguito Swimming took home the overall team championship with 3223.5 points, followed by North Coast Aquatics (2799) and Pacific Swim (2509.5). Individual High Point winners were:
- 10&Under Girls: Rebecca Madden of Rancho San Dieguito
- 10&Under Boys: Humberto Najera of South Bay Aquatics
- 11-12 Girls: Leanna Gharbaoui of Pacific Swim
- 11-12 Boys: (tie) Alexander Smigal of Pacific Swim and Pierce Dietze of Wind N’ Sea Swim Team
- 13-14 Girls: Danielle Nowaski of College Area Swim Team
- 13-14 Boys: Alexander Santana of Pacific Swim
Rancho San Dieguito Swimming is hosting an instructional swim clinic with 8-time Olympic medalist Jason Lezak on March 2nd at the Pardee Aquatic Center in Solana Beach. For more information, please view the RSD Flyer.
The Poway Community Swim Center has advised us that the pool will open at 3:30 pm on Friday for swimmers/teams wanting to arrive early for the Short Course Junior Olympics. The pool will open at 6:30 am on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
The results of the San Diego-Imperial Swimming-hosted President’s Day Senior Classic held 14-17 February at the San Diego State University Aquaplex have been posted.
San Diego-Imperial Swimming has provided the following information regarding next weekend’s upcoming Short Course Junior Olympics in Poway:
- Friday PM: Start 5:00 pm, finish 7:00 pm
- Saturday Prelims: Start 9:00 am, finish 1:00 pm
- Saturday Finals: Start not before 2:30pm, finish 5:30 pm
- Sunday Prelims: Start 9:00 am, finish 1:00 pm (includes 1 heat of 1650s)
- Sunday Finals: Start not before 3:00pm, finish 6:30pm
Team Jobs and Lane Timing Assignments: See the handout (PDF)
The 2014 President’s Day Senior Swimming Classic is all set to begin a 4-day run of heated competition this Friday at the San Diego State University Aquaplex. Competition begins Friday evening with timed finals for the 1000 Y freestyle, with warmups beginning at 4 pm and the first heat leaves the blocks at 5 pm. The projected timelines:
- Friday night: Start 5:00pm, Finish 6:45 pm
- Saturday prelims: Start 9:00am, Finish 1:00 pm. Finals TBA
- Sunday prelims: Start 9:00am, finish 12:30 pm. Finals TBA
- Monday prelims: Start 9:00am, finish 1:15 pm (1650 heats begin at 11:00 am). Finals TBA
Complete psych sheets are also available. Please print and bring these with you to the meet, as meet programs will not be available for sale at the pool.
Parking Passes: Senior Classic parking passes will be on sale for $20 outside the Aquaplex office.
SI Team Job Assignments: See the handout
WarmUp Assignments: (assigned lanes in competition pool only)
- Friday night: Open warmup
- Saturday, Sunday, Monday AM:
- 0700-0730 – Open warmup pending pool availability
- 0730-0810 – PS, NCA, ICAC, CAST, MAKO, MVY, PAC, CNSA, MEYR, WSST
- 0810-0850 – CLSS, HSA, CAAN, RSD, SBA, OAQ, SBSC, BFST, LKWD, LASC, SGSG, SSS
- UNAT and teams not listed – your choice
The Rancho San Dieguito Swim Team is looking for experienced age-group swim coaches to work with their competitive 12 & under swimmers. RSD is a teaching and values based team with over 550 members. RSD swim team’s home is the Boys & Girls Club of San Dieguito in beautiful Solana Beach, CA. Successful candidates will have a minimum of five years of coaching experience as well as experience coaching age-group swimmers ages 6 to 12 years old, with a USA registered swim program. Coaching duties include daily practices as a lead coach, attendance at 1-2 weekend swim meets per month, regular staff meetings, and swim team administration duties. ASCA membership, CPR/AED, Lifeguarding and additional certifications are preferred. Opportunities range from part-time hourly to full-time salary with benefits depending on experience. Positions open in April 2014. Please send a letter of application, resume, and three professional references to Head Coach Joe Benjamin: firstname.lastname@example.org
The results of the Fallbrook Associated Swim Team-hosted 12 & Under ABC North Meet held 7-9 February 2014 at the Fallbrook HS pool in Fallbrook have been posted.
The results of the South Bay Aquatics-hosted 12 & Under ABC South Meet held 7-9 February 2014 at the Mater Dei Catholic HS pool in Chula Vista have been posted.
Serra High School is looking for an assistant swimming coach for the 2014 season. Swimming experience is necessary; coaching experience preferred. Season begins February 24th. Please contact Jeff Giddens at email@example.com if interested.
Junior Olympics Meet Director Mary Redmond has announced that swimmers who make new qualifying times for SCJOs at the 2014 Senior Classic will be able to make a late entry into SCJOs. Only swimmers who make a new SCJO cut will be eligible to enter using their Senior Classic time – swimmers are not allowed to update times for SCJO events they have already qualified for. More information is available on the SC Junior Olympics/Senior Classic Entry Form.
Fallbrook Associated Swim Team has provided the following information regarding this weekend’s 12 & Under ABC North Meet at Fallbrook HS pool in Fallbrook:
- Friday night: start 6:00 pm, finish 6:45 pm.
- Saturday AM: start 9:00 am, finish 12:15 pm.
- Saturday PM: start 12:45 (or 30 min after AM ends), finish 3:15 pm.
- Sunday AM: start 9:00 am, finish 11:30 am.
- Sunday PM: start 12:00 noon (or 30 min after AM ends), finish 2:30 pm.
Warmup Assignments: 0810-0850: RSD, PAC, FSST. 0730-0810: everyone else.
Lane Timing Assignments:
|1||PAC / ICAC||PAC / ICAC||ACE / RAQ||RAQ / BFST
|2||FSST / FSST||FSST / FSST||ICAC / ICAC||ICAC / ICAC
|3||RSD / RSD||RSD / RSD||RSD / RSD||RSD / RSD
|4||RSD / RSD||RSD / RSD||RSD / RSD||RSD / RSD
|5||PS / PS||PS / PS||PS / PS||PS / PS
|6||PS / PS||PQAC / FAST||MEYR / PAC||FSST / FAST