We are trying to determine the best date for the upcoming officials clinic. The clinic will be hosted at the Magdalena Ecke YMCA in Encinitas on either October 8,13, 21 or 22. The time of the clinic will be from 6:30PM to 8:30PM. If you would like to attend the clinic, please log which dates work best for you at this Doodle Poll available here: http://doodle.com/md5uesxksdx5n4ia.
The results of the Pacific Swim-hosted Freestyle Festival North Meet held on September 28 at the Poway Community pool in Poway have been posted.
The results of the Heartland Swim Association-hosted Freestyle Festival South Meet held on September 27 at Granite Hills HS pool in El Cajon have been posted.
Heartland Swim Association has provided the following information regarding this Saturday’s Freestyle Festival South Meet at the Granite Hills HS pool in El Cajon:
The meet program will not be available on deck – please download the meet program PDF file.
Estimated Meet Timeline:
- AM Session starts at 9:00 am, ends at 12:45pm.
- PM session starts approx 2:15 pm, ends 5:30 pm. 500s begin approx 4:00pm.
- Morning 07:15-08:00: WSST, HSA and SBA. 0800-0845: All other teams.
- Afternoon 12:45-1:15: HSA, MVY and SBA. 1:15-2:00: All other teams.
Lane Timing Assignments:
|1||WSST / WSST||IVDA / WSST
|2||CAST / CAST||CAST / CAST
|3||SBA / AVID||CAST / CAST
|4||SBA / SBA||SBA / SBA
|5||SBA / SBA||SBA / SBA
|6||IVDA / IVDA||CNSA / AVID
|7||CNSA / CNSA||MVY / MVY
|8||SDAC / AVID & PENY||HSA / HSA
Pacific Swim has provided the following information regarding this Sunday’s Freestyle Festival North Meet at the Poway Community pool in Poway:
Estimated Meet Timeline:
- AM Session starts at 9:00 am, ends at 12:30pm. Check-in opens at 7:15 am.
- PM session starts at 1:30 pm, ends 4:30 pm. Check-in opens at 12:15pm.
- 0715-0800: PS, Ramona, PAC (157 Athletes). 0800-0845: All other teams (155 Athletes)
- Afternoon warmup is estimate to start at 12:15 pm – Open Warm Up All Teams (179 Total Athletes)
Lane Timing Assignments:
|1||PQAC / RST||RAQ / BFST
|2||PAC / PAC||RST / RST
|3||PS / FAST||PS / PS
|4||PS / PS||PS / PS
|5||PS / PS||PS / PS
|6||RSD / RSD||ACE / PAC
|7||RSD / RSD||PAC / PAC
|8||ICAC / ICAC||ICAC / ICAC
|9||ICAC / RAQ||--------
The regular San Diego-Imperial Swimming Board of Directors meeting, previously scheduled for Monday 15 September has been rescheduled for Monday, September 29th at 7:45 pm in the usual location.
Congratulations to the following members of San Diego-Imperial Swimming who have been named to USA Swimming’s 2013-14 Scholastic All-American team! Across the United States, a total of 1,782 applicants were selected for this honor. Only 187 were “three-timers” – having been selected all 3 years that they were eligible. To be eligible, swimmers must have achieved a minimum 3.5 GPA for the academic year (sophomore and above) and must meet a minimum qualifying time standard. The SI swimmers named to the 2013-14 team:
- Brendan Barry (NCA) – 2 yrs
- Tracy Chen (PAC) – 1 yr
- Garrett Glaudini (HSA) – 3 yrs
- Gretchen Horbol (NCA) – 3 yrs
- Crystal Lore (RSD) – 2 yrs
- Kevin Mendoza (IVDA) – 2 yrs
- Stephen Park (RSD) – 1 yr
- Jordan Payne (NCA) – 1 yr
- Garrett Schmid (NCA) – 1 yr
- Amanda Sumrow (HSA) – 1 yr
- Zachary Wallace (WSST) – 1 yr
The Tiger Shark Swim Team, located at the East County Family YMCA in Spring Valley, has an opening for a full time Swim Team Coordinator/Head Coach. The job posting can be found at www.ymca.org under the job section, and questions regarding the position can be sent to Falon Bollig: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2013-2014 swimming year is almost officially over – which means it is a good time to review the fastest swims over the past few months and see if any new records were set. It turns out there were quite a few new Long Course records set at the LC Junior Olympics, Western Zones, Junior Nationals and National Championship meets. A complete listing of the current long course LSC records is available, but listed here are the swimmers setting new SI Swimming records since our LC Junior Olympics:
- Cassidy Wong (PS) 8&Under Girls 50M Fly
- Cassidy Wong (PS) 8&Under Girls 200M IM
- Cecilia Hagewood (SBA) 9-10 Girls 50M Breast
- Cecilia Hagewood (SBA) 9-10 Girls 100M Breast
- Leanna Gharbaoui (UN) 11-12 Girls 50M Free
- Leanna Gharbaoui (UN) 11-12 Girls 100M Free
- Michael Salazar (HSA) 15-16 Boys 100M Fly
- Valerie Hull (PS) 17-18 Girls 100M Free
- Liam McCloskey (RSD) 17-18 Boys 100M Fly
- Anika Apostalon (SDSU) Open Women 50M Free
- Anika Apostalon (SDSU) Open Women 100M Free
- Tom Anderson (CAST) Open Men 100M Back
- Kendyl Stewart (NCA) Open Women 100M Fly
In addition, two new SI Swimming relay records were set:
- South Bay Aquatics (SBA) 10&Under Girls 200M Free Relay
- College Area Swim Team (CAST) Open Men 200M Medley Relay
The entry time standards for the 2014 Winter Age Group Championship meet, to be held December 20-22 in Coronado, have been released. The major changes include elimination of the “half distance” time standards for the 11-12 200s of strokes and 400 IM. Time standards which have changed from 2013 are highlighted in orange.
This position has been filled.
Pacific Swim has a job opening for a Novice/Age Group coach. They are looking for someone with coaching experience that is available Monday through Thursday 4-7pm and Saturday 9-10:30am. Applicants will need to pass a background check and get proper certification for a USA Swimming card. Please email email@example.com if you are interested; the job opening is available starting September 2nd.
A joint USA Swimming / American Swim Coaches Association Coaches Clinic will be held in San Diego from October 3-5, 2014. This clinic brings affordable coach education to our area, and is open to all coaches regardless of whether they are USA Swimming members or not. The clinic, presented by San Diego-Imperial Swimming, will be held at the San Diego Marriott in La Jolla. An ASCA Level 3 Physiology of Training class will be held on Friday, and a USA Swimming Club Leadership & Business Management School will be held concurrently on Saturday. A special discounted registration rate ($200 for an entire coaching staff of 3 or more) is available to those who register before September 29. As they say: space is limited, so please register early! For more information, download the Coaches Clinic flyer, or head directly to the Clinic Registration site.
The SI Swimming Program Committee recently held it’s semi-annual bid meeting for the 2014-2015 short course season, and one meet was not bid upon by any team. As a result, the proposed November 1-2 Halloween Invitational Meet has been sent out for rebid. Any SI Swimming Club interested in hosting the meet is encouraged to secure proof of water and submit a bid application for this meet. Bids are due to the SI Swimming office no later than 2:30pm on Tuesday, 19 August so that they may be considered by the Program Committee during its next meeting. A ReBid Package with all the details is available.
The final two meets of the San Diego-Imperial Swimming 2014 summer season are complete and the results have been posted! At the Inland Coastal Aquatic Club-hosted JOMAX North meet held at Palomar College in San Marcos, Rancho San Dieguito Swimming won the JOMAX North team title, followed by Pacific Swim and Inland Coastal Aquatic Club.
At the South Bay Aquatics-hosted JOMAX South meet held at the Loma Verde pool in Chula Vista, South Bay Aquatics won the JOMAX South team title, followed by Heartland Swim Association and College Area Swim Team.